At MyNutrition MyLife™ in addition to medical history, dietary and lifestyle assessment, reviewing medical labs, we also offer functional lab tests as well. Functional lab test uses cutting edge technology to determine your nutritional status compared to conventional lab testing.
As a Registered Dietitian Kamalini can interpret labs and may also recommend some additional lab tests to better serve you In addition, she may use this information along with your signs, symptoms, and goals to determine if additional labs may be appropriate
Comprehensive Nutritional Panel
Do The Prescriptions You Take Deplete Your Nutritional Status?
Click here to look at your medication and the nutritional deficiencies caused by it
How Do Specific Nutrients Function in the Body and What is the Result of Deficiency?
Click here to view a table of Nutrient Functions and Deficiency Symptoms
How do I get Micronutrient Testing?
Labs are available to all current clients. If you are a potential client and are interested in doing a Micronutrient Panel you can book your initial session and pre-pay for this lab. We can arrange a blood draw prior to your consultation to ensure we will have the results to review.
Click here for more information on micronutrient deficiencies, in our Interactive Library
Micronutrient Test Cost $350
Click here to view a Sample test result
Why is nutrient status important?
Nutrient status is a vital foundation of health. Each micronutrient plays an individual and indispensable role in promoting the optimal function of all our cells. When some of those cells do not function at their best, the foundation of our health is compromised, setting the stage for the development of disease. By identifying and correcting nutritional deficiencies, you are taking an important step toward long-term maintenance of optimal health
Are YOU getting the nutrients YOU need?
Standard test results do not measure if the nutrient is properly functioning within the body. SpectraCell Laboratories developed their exclusive, patented micronutrient tests to measure the function of selected vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other essential micronutrients within your cells. Analysis can reveal a personâ€™s functional nutrient status over a longer time period than conventional serum testing. SpectraCellâ€™s tests give a more meaningful measurement of nutritional status than all other nutritional testing available on the market.
â€œBut I eat a balanced diet, exercise and take a multi-vitaminâ€
Many people work at improving their health, yet some individuals still have deficiencies. Why?
- Biochemical Individuality: Because each of us is metabolically and biochemically unique, the micronutrient requirements for one person are often quite different than the requirements of another.
- Absorption: Although you may eat a balanced diet, if you do not absorb micronutrients properly – such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants -you will have deficiencies.
- Chronic Illness: Health conditions such as arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, fatigue and multiple sclerosis, to name a few, can be affected, directly or indirectly, by micronutrient deficiencies.
- Aging: Our micronutrient requirements at age 30 are quite different from our requirements at age 40, 50 and beyond. In addition, absorption difficulties (such as vitamin B12) quite commonly occur as we age.
- Lifestyle: Alcohol, medications, over-exercising, sedentary habits, and smoking all impact our micronutrient demands.