Preparation time 30 minutes
- 1 large jicama (softball sized)
- 1 mango diced ( firm, but not rock hard) Note: soft ones will disintegrate
- ½ cup cup red onions, diced ( or 3–4 scallions)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 jalapeno (diced small)
- 1 large avocado diced
- Optional : a bed of greens, cucumbers, red bell pepper
- Using a sharp veggie peeler, peel mangos and jicama. Cut mangos into small cubes. Cut jicama into small cubes.
- Place all in a large bowl along with the diced onions, , jalapeno and cilantro. Drizzle with 1 T olive oil.
- Zest one of the limes and add it to the bowl. Juice the limes, (you should have about 4 tablespoons lime juice) and add it to the bowl. Taste. Adjust lime, salt and .
- Add avocado – just gently fold them in last.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes before serving .
- Serves with plantain chips or cassava flour tortilla chips